Revd Ali Hogger Gadsby is St Mellitus College, National Safeguarding officer. She is also Tutor and Lecturer in Pastoral Ministry and Tuesday host at St Mellitus East Midlands. She has a background in journalism, mental health nursing, school chaplaincy and parish ministry.
As a former Mental Health Nurse, Ali is interested in how we understand mental health theologically, and how that understanding can transform our churches. She is married with three children and is a reluctant runner.
If you have a concern or any questions regarding safeguarding please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. For information about safeguarding and prevent at St Mellitus College click here
- BA (Hons) English Literature, University of Wales, 1993
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, The Nightingale Institute, Kings College London, 2000BA (Hons)
- Theology, Ministry, and Mission, St Mellitus College, 2013
- MA Theology, Ministry and Mission, Durham University, 2021
Areas of Interest
- Mental health and ill health
- Clergy wellbeing
- Pastoral theology and ministry
- Theology of safeguarding
- Use of self in ordained ministry