"Innovation is at the heart of the DNA of St Mellitus College and it’s a privilege to work with staff and students to see where God is calling us to be creative."
Ed is Director of Innovation and Development at St Mellitus. He was ordained in 2004 and has ministered in a wide variety of roles including; as a West End Theatre Chaplain, a Training Incumbent and most recently as National Adviser for Pioneer Ministry for the Church of England. Ed is a creative, a trained coach and is interested in the relationship between faith and culture. He loves to think outside of the box and to pioneer new things. He is married to Lisa and they have 3 children (including twins!). He loves the countryside, film and is an avid swimmer.
- BA (Hons) Geography
- BTh Theology
- Creating New Christian Communities
- The Forge: ‘Mission’ and ‘The Mixed Ecology’
Areas of Interest
- Mixed Ecology
- Culture and Context
- The Arts and Creativity
- The Mixed Ecologists, Experiences of Mixed Ecology Ministry in the Church of England: Dr Ruth Perrin and Ed Olsworth-Peter, Living Ministry, Church of England, 2021
Part of the Living Ministry research programme exploring clergy flourishing, this focused study examines an expanding area of ordained ministry which sees ministers engaging in pioneering initiatives alongside ‘inherited’ or gathered expressions of church as part of their parish ministry. The findings draw on 17 in-depth interviews with clergy across England who are interested in the relationship between the inherited and pioneering.
- Proclaiming Christmas, J.John (Philo Publishing, 2012) and Proclaiming Marriage, J.John (Philo Publishing, 2014)
- Anglican Evangelists, Archbishops College of Evangelists, SPCK (June 2019).
- Anvil Journal: Contextual inhabitation: Exploring the ‘where of the pioneer charism’ (CMS, Vol 35, Issue 3, 2019)